Do you have dry skin? I have dry skin. During the winter, I am constantly applying moisturizers to my skin. I go through so much, so fast!
I am very particular about the ingredients that can be found in my skincare products, so the lotions and body butters I like to use can get kind of pricey. I don't mind paying for quality, but you really can make your own for so much cheaper!
Two ingredients that work extremely well for moisturizing are coconut oil and shea butter. This recipe combines those two gems with one of my favorite holiday scents – Peppermint. I only recommend using the highest quality essential oils in your skincare products since what you apply to your skin goes directly into your bloodstream with no filter!
If you love peppermint too, you simply must try this recipe for Peppermint Sugar Scrub Bars! They make a beautiful gift or special treat for yourself. Pair them with a jar of this Peppermint Body Butter and you have a gift made in heaven!
- ½ cup organic shea butter
- ½ cup organic coconut oil
- Natural pink coloring (optional; you can use a mica powder or a liquid coloring)
- 5-10 drops peppermint essential oil
- Add the Coconut oil and the Shea butter to a small saucepan. Heat on low until melted, mixing well. Remove the saucepan from the heat and let set until cooled to room temperature.
- Scoop the mixture into a bowl and set in the fridge for 15-20 minutes.
- Remove from the fridge and add the pink food coloring (optional) and the peppermint essential oil. Use a hand mixer to beat the ingredients until whipped (2-3 minutes).
- Scoop the body butter into an airtight container, such as a mason jar, and seal. Keep the body butter at room temperature for about 6 months. If you see any separation, simply stir well.