Now that summer is over and fall is here, my skin is already feeling the drying effects of the dipping humidity levels. When winter arrives, it will get even drier. Having a good whipped body butter handy is key to keeping my skin happy.
One of my favorite winter scents is peppermint. I love using it in DIY beauty products because it leaves a cool, tingly feeling that goes so well with the refreshing scent of mint.
Last year, I shared a recipe for Peppermint Sugar Scrub Bars and another recipe for Peppermint Body Butter. This year I decided to put a twist on it by sharing a recipe for Mint Chocolate Whipped Body Butter. It’s decadent and has a delicious scent.
It also has a nice cooling texture. In addition to keeping skin moisturized, it also works wonderfully to help soothe sore muscles thanks to the cooling effect of the peppermint essential oil. Use this whipped body butter to pamper yourself or pass it on to a friend as a thoughtful DIY gift this holiday season.
Decadent Mint Chocolate Whipped Body Butter
- Add coconut oil and cocoa butter to your mixing bowl.
- You actually want the cocoa butter in a solid state for it to whip up nicely so I used a butter knife to get my cocoa butter into the mixing bowl.
- Add about 20 drops of Peppermint Essential oil into the mixing bowl. If you’re using a lower quality oil, you’ll probably need more to get a good level of scent.
- Mix it up. This works best if you have a stand mixer however a hand mixer will work as well, just a little more work. Mix on high for 1-2 minutes and then stop to scrape the sides of the bowl. Continue mixing in 1-2 minutes intervals until you have mixed for about 8-10 minutes and it’s nice and whipped.
- If you like a firmer texture you can add 1-2 teaspoons of beeswax.