Learn how to make the best Pecan Pie Bars in this delicious dessert recipe! Made without gluten, dairy or refined sugar for a better option for your family.
I love turning my favorite pie recipes into bar recipes. I just love the portability and ease of serving bars vs pie slices.
Since pecan pie is my husband’s favorite pie, I decided to make it into delicious bars! This recipe has more steps than most of the recipes here, but I assure you it’s worth it!
They’re sticky and sweet and oh, so delicious! They’re a huge hit with the kids too.
Pecan Pie Bars Recipe
- Pre-heat oven to 350° F.
- Line your 8x8 pan with parchment paper and grease the sides.
- Put crust ingredients in a medium sized bowl and mix until combined.
- Press the mixture into your prepared baking pan and place in oven.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until the crust starts to turn brown.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool.
- In a medium saucepan, mix together the coconut oil, maple syrup, honey and vanilla extract.
- Bring ingredients to a boil and simmer for around 5 minutes, whisking it constantly.
- Remove from heat and let cool to room temperature.
- While the mixture is cooling, toast your pecans in a frying pan on medium heat for 5-8 minutes, or until they smell like roasted pecans, stirring frequently. Be careful not to burn the pecans.
- After they’re toasted, remove the pan from heat and sprinkle with Real Salt.
- In another small bowl, mix together the ground flaxseed, tapioca (or arrowroot) and almond milk, then allow it sit for a few minutes.
- After the sugar-oil mixture is cooled, whisk in the almond milk mixture into the sugar-oil mixture until it’s smooth and well combined.
- Mix in your toasted pecans and mix until well combined. Pour the pecan mixture onto the cooled crust and distribute evenly.
- Bake at 350° F for 20 minutes or until the filling starts to set and it loses its shine.
- Remove the pan from oven and place it on a cooling rack.
- Transfer it to the fridge and chill for at least an hour (I left mine in the fridge for several hours). Cut into portions and serve.