Are you looking for a natural toilet freshener to use in between cleanings? These DIY toilet bombs are easy to make, use essential oils and work great!
I don't know if you agree, but cleaning the toilet is one of the most dreaded household chores there is – at least for me.
My 6-year old keeps begging me to let her clean the toilet. I don't think she knows what she's in for. Really, I don't. But I'll be teaching her how to clean the toilet very soon. I'm more than happy to hand over the job of cleaning the toilet to her.
Fortunately, I have found a way to keep the toilet smelling fresh even in between deep cleanings.
These DIY Toilet Bombs emit a nice fragrance that's sure to cover up any smells emanating from your toilet when you just don't have time to do a deep clean.
Best of all, they're scented with essential oils, so you won't get any of the harmful effects you get from the toxic chemical cleaners from the store.
If you're looking for an easy toilet freshener so you don't have to clean your toilets quite so often, give these toilet bombs a try. You can also switch up the essential oils to find a blend your whole family loves!
DIY Toilet Bombs to Keep Your Toilet Smelling Fresh
- 1 cup baking soda
- 1/2 cup citric acid
- 10 drops lemon essential oil
- 10 drops lavender essential oil
- 10 drops peppermint essential oil
- 1-2 teaspoons water
- Combine your baking soda and citric acid in a small bowl and mix to combine.
- Add your essential oils in a few drops at a time and mix to distribute evenly.
- Next, you can add in your water a small amount at a time and mix to combine (if you add it too fast, the mixture will react to the water).
- Scoop your mixture into your silicone mold and press down until your mold is full.
- Let your toilet bombs dry for a few hours, then carefully pop your toilet bombs out of your mold.
- Store in an airtight container until you're ready to use them.
- Place one of your toilet bombs into your toilet for an easy toilet freshener in between cleanings!