This shop and Coffee Press tutorial has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #OnetreeOneBag #CollectiveBias
Are you intimidated by the idea of using a Coffee Press? We'll show you how to make perfect coffee in a coffee press that tastes amazing every single time.
My husband and I drink coffee every morning. We typically use a single serve brewer, and I think about how much energy that uses over the year.
When possible, I prefer to use eco-friendly methods over energy intensive methods. When our single serve brewer started acting up, we bought a new coffee pot, which we ended up hating.
So we decided to try something new – making coffee in a coffee press at home. While you do need to heat the water to use a coffee press, you don't technically need electricity so I thought it would be a good skill to acquire.
For this tutorial, I picked up a 12 ounce bag of Starbucks® Pike Place® Roast Ground Coffee (it's also available in 20 ounce bags) from my local grocery store. I decided to grab that bag to help support the Starbucks One Tree for One Bag campaign.
Check out the special Starbucks “One Tree One Bag” commitment display in the coffee aisle!
For every bag of Starbucks® 10-12 oz & 20 oz Ground or Whole Bean coffee purchased at participating Albertsons Company stores in the U.S. from May 1 through May 28, 2017, Starbucks® provides one disease-resistant coffee tree to a farmer in Mexico, Guatemala or El Salvador.
Starbucks will donate 70¢ to Conservation International for every bag of coffee sold at participating Albertsons Company stores in the U.S. from May 1st through May 28 to foster thriving coffee communities. To learn more about this great campaign supporting Conservation International, visit conservation.org/onetree
Pretty cool, huh?
Now that I have my Starbucks® Pike Place® Roast Ground Coffee, I'm all set to teach you how to make coffee press coffee at home. Don't worry, it's so much easier than it sounds!
How to Make the Best Coffee in a Coffee Press at Home
Supplies and Ingredients
- Measure the appropriate amount of Starbucks® Pike Place® Roast coffee grounds and add them to the bottom of your coffee press. You'll want 2 tablespoons of coffee grounds per 8 ounces of water.
- Boil your water, then remove it from the heat and allow it to sit for 1-2 minutes. You want the water to be at 195 degrees F.
- Pour half of your water over the coffee beans and allow it to sit for 2 minutes. This will help the coffee to bloom, which makes it less bitter and ensures it won't be too weak.
- Stir the grounds.
- Then pour in the rest of your hot water. Allow it to sit for another 2 minutes.
- Press the coffee grounds down in your coffee press with the plunger.
- Immediately pour the coffee into your coffee mug so that it won't over brew. Add coconut sugar, collagen powder and fresh cream or your favorite coffee add-ins.
That's it! Now you know how to make the best coffee in a coffee press at home. And you can do it while supporting Conservation International!
Will you support Conservation International by purchasing Starbucks® Pike Place® Roast Ground Coffee?
Pike Place is a registered trademark of The Pike Place Market PDA, used under license.