Last Updated on
Happy New Year! I hope that you had a fabulous New Year’s Eve and that 2014 is off to a wonderful start for you. If you’re like most people, you stayed up later last night than you do most nights.
If you need a good pick-me-up this morning, try this recipe for a Matcha Orange Refresher. The Matcha Green Tea will give you energy without the jitters and the honey and orange juice will give your blood sugar a boost.
This recipe makes one beverage. You can increase quantities to make a pitcher if you’re hosting a New Year breakfast or brunch.
- 1 teaspoon Matcha green tea
- 1 tablespoon raw, organic honey
- 4 ice cubes
- ¼ cup hot water
- ½ cup fresh orange juice (I prefer pulp free for this recipe)
- Lime slice (optional)
- Put the ice cubes in a juice glass, then set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk the matcha and hot water until it’s blended well.
- Add the honey and whisk until it’s dissolved.
- Pour the matcha blend over the ice cubes and allow it sit for 1 minute.
- Pour cold orange juice over the tea.
- Optionally garnish the glass with a slice of lime. lemon or orange.