Do you love making DIY Easter baskets for your kids? These cute upcycled Peeps Crayons make a fun and cheap addition to your child’s homemade Easter basket.
Broken crayons are the bane of my existence. I swear I’m finding pieces everywhere I look! For the last several years, every time I’ve spotted a broken crayon, I’ve asked the girls to put them in a large ziploc baggie.
I wrote an entire post about what to do with broken crayons a couple years ago (you can get some great ideas on that post). However, when I saw this adorable Peeps Bunny Mold, I knew I had to make some crayons for the girls.
They are a super huge hit! They’re great for little hands and they’re fun to use. You can make solid-colored crayons like are pictured here, or you can make rainbow crayons.
It’s really fun to put 2-5 different crayon colors in a mold and see how they turn out once they’re done. I find that they’re good for creating abstract art – something my girls love.
You can either get the kids involved in making these super cute Peeps crayons, or you can make up a batch while they’re at school and pop them in their Easter basket. You’ll get 12 crayons from this recipe, so they make a great addition to any DIY Easter basket!
If you give this tutorial a try, be sure to let us know how it turns out for you!
How to Make Super Cute Peeps Crayons for Easter
- Wilton 12 count Peeps bunny mold
- 36-40 broken crayon pieces
- Preheat your oven to 200° F.
- Divide your crayons by color. Peel off the paper wrapper from each crayon piece.
- Next, place them in a Peeps mold. I used about 6-7 pieces per mold. It’s ok if they are overfilled a bit because they will melt down. You can also put multiple colors in one section for a rainbow crayon effect. This can be a fun experiment!
- Place the silicone mold on a sturdy baking sheet and bake for 8-10 minutes or until the crayons are melted completely.
- Remove the pan from the oven and allow your crayons to cool for 15 minutes before placing them in the freezer to completely cool.
- Freeze your crayons for 45 minutes, or until they’re good and hard.
- Gently pop the Peeps Bunny crayons out of their molds and ENJOY!!