Are you searching for the best Christmas cookies to leave for Santa? Our easy gluten free Snickerdoodles recipe makes amazingly soft and chewy cookies.
We started making Snickerdoodles for Santa when Zoe was one. My original Snickerdoodles recipe was not gluten free. So I decided I needed to come up with a gluten free Snickerdoodles recipe so I could indulge in my favorite Christmas cookie!
I knew I wanted to use almond meal since we had some on hand, so I started experimenting and came up with a gluten free snickerdoodle cookie recipe the entire family loves! It’s grain free too.
This recipe for gluten free Snickerdoodles is, by far, my favorite gluten free cookie recipe that I have ever made! Everyone in the house loved them. They are the most moist and chewy gluten free cookies that almost don’t taste gluten free!
If you’re looking for the best snickerdoodle cookies, give our recipe for soft cookies a try!
Gluten Free Snickerdoodles Recipe
Gluten Free Snickerdoodle Cookie Ingredients
- Mixing bowl
- Baking sheet
- Preheat oven your oven 350° F.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the butter substitute or palm shortening, butter, cane sugar and brown sugar with a hand mixer it becomes really creamy.
- Add the eggs and vanilla, mixing until it’s blended well.
- Add the baking soda, Real salt and cinnamon, and continue mixing with the hand mixer.
- Add 1 cup of almond meal at a time, being sure you blend well after each cup.
- Refrigerate the dough for 20-30 minutes.
- Line your cookie sheet with unbleached parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, combine the topping ingredients of sugar and cinnamon.
- Make 1½ balls out of the dough by rolling it in your hands, then roll the balls in the sugar and cinnamon mixture until coated.
- Place the dough balls on the parchment paper, around 3″ apart.
- Bake 11-13 minutes, or until golden brown around edges. Don’t bake for too long or they will be crisp instead of moist and chewy.
- Allow your cookies to cool for a few minutes on the cookie sheet, then move them to a wire rack to allow them to cool completely.
- Store in an airtight container if you can resist eating them all in one sitting!