Last Updated on
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Just BARE Chicken. ALl opinions are my own.
I love cooking, so when I heard about the Just BARE Chicken +5 Ingredients Contest, I knew I wanted to submit a recipe! From January 14 through February 28, 2014, you can enter once per day for your chance to win $500 by submitting your own recipe!
All you have to do is start with Just BARE Chicken, and think of five more ingredients. Ten finalists will each win $500, and their entries will become new recipes created by national food bloggers. Online voting will help determine the grand champions.
When I was trying to think about what recipe to submit, I remembered one of our family favorites! Since I grew up in San Diego, Mexican Food has always been one of my staple cuisines. When we were living in Uruguay, we started making this recipe for Sour Cream and Salsa Chicken. It’s super easy to make, and it’s delicious!
Sour Cream and Salsa Chicken Recipe
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 4 cups organic salsa
- 1 cup organic sour cream
- 1 cup guacamole
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2-3 cups white rice
- Preheat your oven to 350° F.
- Place the chicken breasts in a baking dish, then pour the salsa over the chicken.
- Bake for 45 minutes, or until the chicken is tender.
- Remove the chicken from the baking dish onto a plate and set aside (leave the salsa in the pan).
- Stir the sour cream into the salsa, then return the chicken to the baking dish.
- Serve chicken with salsa and sour cream sauce over white rice.
- Top with guacamole and shredded cheese.
About Just BARE Chicken
Just BARE is healthy chicken the way nature intended. Unadulterated. Unadorned. Simply delicious. Humane certified and traceable to family farms, Just BARE chicken contains no added hormones or steroids, no antibiotics or preservatives, no solution and it’s always vegetable and grain fed. An assortment of fresh, frozen and deli products can be found at grocers nationwide.