This Instant Pot Butternut Squash Soup recipe is one of my favorite soups to eat on a cold winter day. The easy recipe uses apples and curry for a delicious meal that tastes so much like Panera!
I have been making butternut squash soup for years. It’s such a delicious treat, but it takes too long to make so I started making it in the Instant Pot.
Through my recipe tinkering, I discovered that you can add a secret ingredient to make the best butternut squash soup recipe… apples!
Yes, adding apple to your easy butternut squash soup recipe gives it a touch of sweetness and a little extra fall flavor. And the curry gives it a little kick.
If you make this nourishing recipe, you may be thinking it tastes familiar. If you’ve ever tasted Panera butternut squash soup, that’s what this copycat recipe is modeled after.
Instant Pot Butternut Squash Soup
- Preheat your oven to 425° F.
- Add the olive oil to the Instant Pot pan on Saute mode. When hot, add the butternut squash, onion and apples to the pan and lightly saute for about 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Turn the Instant Pot off, then add the chicken stock, cinnamon, sea salt and curry powder to the Instant Pot pan.
- Place the lid on the Instant Pot and cook on high pressure for 20 minutes.
- Release the pressure, then blend the soup using an immersion blender. Taste and adjust spices as necessary before serving.