This Sour Cream and Salsa Chicken recipe is an easy weeknight dinner idea. It only uses a few simple ingredients too!
I love one pan dinner recipes because it makes cleanup so easy. I’ve been making this Sour Cream and Salsa Chicken for several years now, and it’s definitely one of our favorites.
It works best with boneless chicken so you can cut right into your meal and enjoy. That way you don’t have to worry about picking through the bones.
If you’re looking for an easy dinner idea with Mexican Flavors, give this recipe a try. It’s delicious and kid friendly!
Sour Cream and Salsa Chicken Recipe
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 4 cups salsa
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup guacamole
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2-3 cups white rice
- Preheat your oven to 350° F.
- Place the chicken breasts in a baking dish, then pour the salsa over the chicken.
- Bake for 45 minutes, or until the chicken is tender.
- Remove the chicken from the baking dish onto a plate and set aside (leave the salsa in the pan).
- Stir the sour cream into the salsa, then return the chicken to the baking dish.
- Serve chicken with salsa and sour cream sauce over white rice.
- Top with guacamole and shredded cheese.