Are you trying a low carb or ketogenic diet to lose weight or improve your health? These low carb pancakes are super easy to make and adhere to a keto diet.
Over the years, I have discovered that I am best able to maintain my weight when I stick to a low carb diet. Many women are discovering the same thing applies to them and they're having success with a ketogenic diet.
I have found that breakfast is a meal so many moms struggle with when trying to stick to a ketogenic diet. Fortunately you can have traditional breakfast foods like pancakes on the ketogenic diet – if you know how to make them.
If you've had banana pancakes, low carb pancakes use a similar sort of method. Eggs are used as the binder, but cream cheese is used instead of bananas (too many carbs in bananas!). I find that you do need to add a bit of liquid stevia to get a sweet taste.
This recipe will make enough pancakes for 2-3 people. You can also make them, then refrigerate them and heat them up in the morning for breakfast by quickly warming them on a pan. I haven't tried freezing them yet.
If you're venturing into a low carb or ketogenic diet, give this simple low carb pancakes recipe a try and let me know what you think in the comments below.
Low Carb Pancakes for the Ketogenic Diet
- 4 ounces cream cheese (organic preferred)
- 4 organic, pastured eggs
- 1 teaspoons baking powder
- 5 drops of liquid stevia
- Pastured butter
- Put all of your ingredients into a blender, then blend until the mixture is smooth.
- Pour the batter directly from the blender's pitcher into your frying pan (that has been both pre-heated and greased with butter).
- Once bubbles appear evenly across your low carb pancake, flip and cook until the other side is cooked.
- Remove the pancake from the pan and transfer to a plate, then top your low carb pancakes with butter.