Are you looking for the best keto bun recipe for burgers or pulled pork? These tasty Low Carb Cauliflower Buns are easy to make and hold up well too.
Ever since I went gluten free 5+ years ago, one thing I have missed is eating burgers with an actual bun. I love burgers wrapped in lettuce, don’t get me wrong, but sometimes it would be nice to have something with a little more substance.
So I was thrilled when I stumbled upon the idea of making bread from cauliflower rice. I played around a bit and found an easy way to make low carb burger buns using that method.
You have to make sure to cook it long enough, but when you do, it gives you the feel of a real bun in your mouth when you eat it with a burger. It was really nice to get that experience again!
And, since they’re low carb, you can eat these cauliflower buns when you’re on the ketogenic diet! You could omit the sesame seeds and use them for sandwiches or pulled pork too!
Low Carb Cauliflower Buns
- 14 ounces bagged cauliflower rice or your can make your own by putting cauliflower in your food processor
- 3 eggs
- 2/3 cup Parmesan cheese freshly grated
- 3 tablespoons almond flour
- 3 tablespoons coconut flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- Sea salt ground black pepper and garlic powder, to taste
- Toasted sesame seeds
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F.
- Place all of your ingredients except for the toasted sesame seeds into a large mixing bowl.
- Stir everything until it’s well combined, then transfer it to your blender or food processor to process it into a thick paste. Don’t over-process.
- On a baking sheet lined with a silicone baking mat, shape out 6 low carb cauliflower buns (enough for 3 burgers). Once you’re happy with their shape, lightly sprinkle each cauliflower bun with some toasted sesame seeds.|
- Place the pan in the oven, and bake for 30-35 minutes or until they are cooked through and golden brown. They’ll be soggy if you don’t cook them for long enough.
- Remove them from the oven and allow to cool for 10 minutes. Then transfer them to a wire rack to finish cooling.
- You’ll want to use these low carb cauliflower buns right away. I find that they don’t stay fresh for long.